2021 Texas State Archery Association’s Outdoor State Target Championship and JOAD State Outdoor Target Championship
September 24 - September 26
Buffalo Field Archery Club, 13155 Clay Rd, Houston Texas
This is a Star FITA tournament, USA Archery rules and distances.
Registration: Click Here!
Limited availability. Entry is on a first come first serve basis. No entry slots will be held.
All JOADs and all Adults will shoot two rounds of 72 arrows each (144 arrows total). Final rankings based on total accumulated score.
- Friday, Sep 24 – 1 pm to 6 pm Practice Day
- Saturday, Sep 25 – 9 am Round 1 – All Compound
- Saturday, Sep 25 – 1:30 pm Round 1 – All Recurve, Barebow, Longbow & Asiatic
- Sunday, Sep 26 – 9 am Round 2 – All Recurve, Barebow, Longbow & Asiatic
- Sunday, Sep 26 – 1:30 pm Round 2 – All Compound
- Check in and bow check: 1 hr prior to start time
First place in all divisions will determine Texas State Champion. TSAA medals will be awarded to all 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in all divisions. However larger TSAA State Champion prizes (still to be determined) will be awarded if and only if there are at least three entrants in that division prior to September 10. No exceptions.
Water and/or Gatorade will be available. Feel free to bring snacks. Please bring your own chairs and pop-up tents. We anticipate firing up our grill for hamburgers, hot dogs and perhaps some BBQ and other assorted picnic items.
While we anticipate being able to return to normal shooting conditions for this event, we will use some of our learned social distance practices during the event.
- Range will be open for official practice on Friday, Sep 24
- No informal practice at the WA range will be allowed on Saturday or Sunday. There will be bales available at the club’s Field Practice Range for blank bale style warm-up.
- Three (3) practice ends prior to first official arrow.
- We will shoot UP TO two (2) archers per bale per line, each spaced 1 m apart, with two (2) lines shot in each time slot, no matter the number of entries. If lack of entries allow, we will space archers out as best possible to utilize the space available.
- We will follow CDC guidelines regarding the use of masks. We ask all archers and spectators to be considerate and respectful of others, while focusing on safety for all
Hotel Information – Call the hotel directly and ask for the ARCHERY discount if available
Comfort Suites Houston West At Clay Road
11440 Clay Rd Building A
Houston, TX 77041
Holiday Inn & Suites Houston West – Westway Park
4606 Westway Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77041
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston West at Clay Road
4424 Westway Park Blvd
Houston, TX 77041
Residence Inn by Marriott Houston West/Beltway 8 at Clay Road
10421 Clay Rd, Houston, TX 77041
Staybridge Suites Houston I-10 West-Beltway 8
3251 West Sam Houston Pkwy N, Houston, TX 77043
NOTE: THERE ARE NEW ATHLETE SAFETY PROCEDURES IN PLACE FOR ALL USA ARCHERY SANCTIONED EVENTS!!
- All “EVENT PERSONNEL” who are not current members of USA Archery, AND who are required to enter the Field of Play on a routine basis, are REQUIRED to:
- Sign USA Archery Non-Athlete Pledge Form Non Athlete Pledge Form
- Obtain a current US Center for SafeSport TrainingCertification;
- Obtain a current USA Archery Background Screen; and
- Verity the above and Register with the Event Director on the Event Roster prior to entering “the field of play”
- EVENT PERSONNEL are all Volunteers, Athlete Assistants, Para Advocates & otherwise incapacitated Athlete’s Proxy, Coaches, Judges, Parents of Athletes, Vendors, Photographers and other Media, Medical Personnel, etc.
- If you are a Para & otherwise incapacitated Athlete who needs a routine Proxy to assist you with arrow retrieval or scoring assistance, you must bring your own Proxy with you, and he/she must be certified in advance by the above procedures. Contact our Event Staff IN ADVANCE if you need the event to assist you with finding a Proxy.
- FIELD OF PLAY is designated as that area IN FRONT OF the Spectator Line, and includes the Competitor Area, the Waiting Area, the Shooting Line, the Target Lanes with Target Bales.
- EXCEPTIONS can be made by the Event Director for periodic, non-routine entering of the Field of Play in full sight of Event Director and/or his staff. This could be NON-ROUTINE assistance by a parent for scoring or athlete assistance. Please check with the Event Director or Event Staff before entering the Field of Play.
- All ATHLETES and EVENT PERSONNEL must adhere to the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies[MAAPP] for the duration of the event. Please check the MAAPP link and read in advance. All ATHLETES and EVENT PERSONNEL will be required to agree to this policy upon check-in
See you on the field!