- This event has passed.
2021 Buffalo stampede 1440
July 3, 2021
2021 Buffalo stampede 1440
The 2021 Buffalo Stampede 1440 in Houston Texas is a ONE day DOUBLE 72 event shot at standard World Archery distances, all at the Buffalo Field Archery Club’s World Archery Range.
Three (3) official ends of practice will begin at 9am . First scoring will commence immediately afterwards.
Entry fee is $25 per person for Adults / $15 for JOADs. The event is sanctioned with World Archery and USAA, which means your scores will be eligible to set world records, national records and JOAD/AAP pins.
Water and/or Gatorade will be available. Feel free to bring snacks. We have shade under our tent pavilion, but feel free to bring your own pop-up tents.
SATURDAY MORNING at 9am: Double FITA – Two rounds of 36 arrows (72 total) at FITA distance, with minimal break in-between rounds
1 HOUR LUNCH BREAK – bring your own food. There will not be time for you to leave the site for food.
SATURDAY AFTERNOON after lunch: Double FITA – One (1) practice end after lunch, then Two rounds of 36 arrows (72 total) at FITA distance, with minimal break in-between rounds
‡Detault target when multiple face choices exist is the 10-ring target unless all on the same bale agree to smaller target face and space allows
NOTE: THERE ARE NEW ATHLETE SAFETY PROCEDURES IN PLACE FOR ALL USA ARCHERY SANCTIONED EVENTS!!
1. All “EVENT PERSONNEL” who are not current members of USA Archery, AND who are required to enter the Field of Play on a routine basis, are REQUIRED to
Sign USA Archery Non-Athlete Pledge Form Non Athlete Pledge Form
Obtain a current US Center for SafeSport Training Certification;
Obtain a current USA Archery Background Screen; and
Verity the above and Register with the Event Director on the Event Roster prior to entering “the field of play”
2. EVENT PERSONNEL are all Volunteers, Athlete Assistants, Para & otherwise incapacitated Athlete’s Proxy, Coaches, Judges, Parents of Athletes, Vendors, Media, Medical Personnel, etc.
If you are a Para & otherwise incapacitated Athlete who needs a routine Proxy to assist you with arrow retrieval or scoring assistance, you must bring your own Proxy with you, and he/she must be certified in advance by the above procedures. Contact our Event Staff IN ADVANCE if you need the event to assist you with finding a Proxy.
3. FIELD OF PLAY is designated as that area IN FRONT OF the Spectator Line, and includes the Competitor Area, the Waiting Area, the Shooting Line, the Target Lanes with Target Bales.
4. EXCEPTIONS can be made by the Event Director for periodic, non-routine entering of the Field of Play in full sight of Event Director and/or his staff. This could be NON-ROUTINE assistance by a parent for scoring or athlete assistance. Please check with the Event Director or Event Staff before entering the Field of Play.
5. All ATHLETES and EVENT PERSONNEL must adhere to the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies [MAAPP] for the duration of the event. Please check the MAAPP link and read in advance. All ATHLETES and EVENT PERSONNEL will be required to agree to this policy upon check-in